6 Types of Travelers | Wandering Soup
Everyone who is thinking of marrying or partnering with another human should FIRST travel with them because if you didn't know I'm letting you know that travel can make or break a relationship. We won't even get into how travel has ruined many a friendship! Seriously google "travel ruined our friendship".
When I travel with someone, I outline my ground rules with the first question being "Do you have a passport?" followed closely by "What type of traveler are you?" Their response determines if we are going to travel together to just the corner store or Thailand.
Below are the top SIX travelers that you may come across and their possible astrological sign. Fair warning there is some cross over, heed the signs!
1. Go with the flow - A go with the flow traveler plans but doesn't let plans set the pace of things. They are there for the experience of it all, not the Instagram photos...maybe. On the flip side of all this easy going travel is the chance that they may never leave the hotel room because it's so nice! And honestly can you blame them? They will more than likely leave a review on TripAdvisor talking about the towels, slippers, and thread count of the sheets.
Astrological Sign: This will apply to all Taurus's and a few Aquarius's. Ignore any Virgo that says this is their personality, they lying with a list in their back pocket.
2. The Planner - On the other side of the go with the flow traveler is "The Planner". They have mapped out your vacation to the last minute with 10 minute breaks built in between temple tours or museum outings. They want to see every site, and no one will get in their way! I like planners honestly, just not on my vacation, but I will borrow the notes they have made for a trip because research!
Astrological Sign: Virgo this is you, deny all you want but do it after you hide your "list". Leo's I see you as well, mainly because you like being in charge of any and everything.
3. Collector - This type of traveler may be a go with the flow or a planner but either way, they have to stop at every tourist trap in the world for a memento or a picture. They tend to over pack as well. Add in extra money when traveling with them because you will probably be bored enough that you buy stupid over-priced trinkets that will show up at Goodwill in two years when you move.
Astrological Sign: Calling all Pisces and Libras along with a few Sagittarius's! Libra wants the pictures for their "I love ME wall on IG" and Pisces are just hoarders who call themselves artists.
4. Finding Myself - This type of traveler is trying to find themselves in every yoga ashram, green grass eating retreat. More than likely they have stopped eating meat the day before the trip. Check for grease stains. Traveling with them will have you sleeping under the stars on grass mats. Tag me in the photos. Please. I wanna see.
Astrological Sign: Cancer..still seeking huh? No worry Gemini will be here with ya, talking to you and their other half about the grass being served at lunch, amazed at how tasty it was and the enlightenment that's waiting over the next rainbow or mushroom. Go for the mushroom. Send pics.
5. Thrill seeker - This one is sort of obvious as this type of traveler wants to do everything that involves the possible breaking of bones or loss of oxygen...on purpose. I wish them well but nope, nada I shall pass. Tag me in the photos of you smelling like last Wednesday on a Saturday on the top of Mt. Everest.
Astrological Sign: Scorpio because crazy. Gemini will probably join, at least one of them. Make way for Libra's cause pictures. Remember to hit like or they may delete you from their friend list, hater.
6. Over Packer. He or she has to pack for every occasion, whether it will occur or not. Two suitcases for a three day weekend to the beach is totally normal and logical to them. Collector has nothing on this traveler because they started out with two 50 pound bags and collector ends up with two 50 pound bags. On another note, meet my wife.
Astrological Sign: Capricorn I know you were worried you were going to be left out, unlike all the stuff in your overpacked bag! No worries a few Scorpios and Sagittarius's will be there to help you carry the 5 bags you brought for the two day girls trip.
You've been warned, take heed and take flight...well after the Panama.